View photos of the devastation in Haiti in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew by LCMS Communications Photojournalist Erik Lunsford, who traveled there with LCMS Disaster Response Director Ross Johnson Oct. 10-13, as the Synod looks to further aid to the hardest-hit areas of Haiti’s southern peninsula.View photos
You can help
- Pray: Join the LCMS in prayer for those who suffer in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew. Pastors may offer the prayer in congregations, and all are invited to include these victims in personal prayers. Let us pray
- Give: Support disaster relief and recovery
- Bulletin Insert: Download color and B&W bulletin insert for LCMS congregations
- Reporter Online: Disaster responders visit areas hit hardest by hurricane to further aid efforts
- Video: Hurricane Matthew Update
Our Church helps support the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod Mission on the Island of Haiti. Can you tell me how we faired with Hurrican Matthew? Loss of life?. What can you use at this time other than prayers?
Thank you for your comment. Here is the most recent article on Hurricane Matthew at https://reporter.lcms.org/2016/disaster-responders-visit-areas-hit-hardest-by-hurricane-to-further-aid-efforts.
One immediate need is volunteering time. We recently put out an urgent call for volunteers (see https://reporter.lcms.org/2016/urgent-call-for-volunteers) as mucking out homes will be a very big job. Providing financial gifts will also help the LCMS to provide assistance when it is requested.