LCMS Communications has created a free, downloadable congregational media kit to assist churches in reaching out to their communities during Holy Week and Easter.
The kit, which features the message that “God gives us a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus,” is designed to allow each parish to add its own information and details about Holy Week and Easter services.Holy Week/Easter Media Kits
The free media kit includes:
- A newspaper column about the significance of Holy Week and Easter, signed by LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, which can be submitted to the local newspaper.
- A how-to guide explaining the media kit resources and how to best use them.
- A newspaper ad for Holy Week and Easter to which the local parish may add its address, contact information and worship times.
- An image advertising Holy Week and Easter services ready-made for use in a Facebook ad.
- Seven shareable social media graphics for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (one for each week of Lent and one for Holy Week).
- A reproducible postcard that can be used to invite people to Holy Week and Easter services.
The theme of the media kit is drawn from 1 Peter 1:3: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
This new media kit, which features an Easter theme and graphics, is meant to be a companion to last year’s Holy Week media kit, which featured the theme, “Life and death are at stake.”
Both resources are available at lcms.org/worship-media-kits.