The Rev. Brady Finnern of Sartell, Minn., was elected to his first three-year term as president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) Minnesota North District at the district’s 24th convention, held May 9–11 in Brainerd, Minn. He replaces the Rev. Donald Fondow, who announced his retirement before the convention.
Finnern, who previously served as the district’s third vice-president, was elected on the second ballot.
Also elected were:
- Rev. Dr. Karl A. Weber of Ottertail, Minn., as first vice-president;
- Rev. Kirk Lee of Parkers Prairie, Minn., as second vice-president; and
- Rev. Bruce Timm of Sauk Rapids, Minn., as third vice-president.
The officers were installed during the convention.
Delegates adopted resolutions to:
- Create a task force to study possibilities by which congregations can be served without closing sites;
- Encourage support for Christ’s Care for Children: Kenya and continue support for Project 24;
- Financially support the ongoing efforts of the CROSS (Congregations Reaching Out to Support Schools) appeal to assist our schools above and beyond their normal operating budgets for the next triennium;
- Give thanks for and encourage support of Lutheran Island Camp; and
- Affirm the biblical doctrines of creation, original sin, and redemption; and reject critical theory.
The convention theme was “Forth in the Peace of Christ We Go … Making Disciples for Life,” based on John 16:33.
Posted June 2, 2022