Applications are now open for the 1 John 3 Initiative Million Dollar Life Match, a program of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) that seeks to support LCMS congregations involved in providing beginning-of-life care in their local communities. The program allows for up to $1 million in matching-fund grants ranging from $1,000 to $50,000. Any LCMS congregation is eligible to apply.
Some possible uses of the funds are:
- Congregational efforts in pregnancy and infant support (for example, Swaddling Clothes).
- Congregational partnerships with LCMS Recognized Service Organizations in adoption services and maternal and family support (for example, Redeeming Life Outreach Ministries).
- Congregational partnerships with Christian pregnancy resource centers (for example, Care Net).
The above list should not be considered comprehensive or limiting to congregations that wish to apply for a grant. If desired, congregations and circuits may collaborate on a project and application. The congregation completing the application will be the one to receive the grant award.
The Million Dollar Life Match grant process will be conducted in three phases, with the following application deadlines and award dates:
- Phase 1: Applications are due April 8, with awards made in June and reports due Nov. 15.
- Phase 2: Applications are due July 1, with awards made in September and reports due March 1, 2023.
- Phase 3: Applications are due April 1, 2023, with awards made in June 2023 and reports due Nov. 1, 2023.
For more information, or to begin the application process, visit the Million Dollar Life Match webpage. Address questions to Kris Freeman, manager of LCMS Life Ministry, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-996-1217
Posted Jan. 21, 2022