The Rev. Waldemar R. Vinovskis of Macungie, Penn., was elected to his second three-year term as president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) SELC District at the district’s 19th convention, held May 12–15 in St. Louis. He was elected on the first ballot.
Also elected were:
- Rev. Dr. Wally M. Arp of Winter Springs, Fla., as first vice-president;
- Rev. Dr. Christopher T. Cahill of Lodi, Ohio, as second vice-president; and
- Rev. Richard Ramirez of Chicago, as third vice-president.
The officers were installed during the convention.
Delegates adopted resolutions to:
- Address the Lutheran teacher shortage and low teacher salaries by initiating a student debt assistance program for commissioned teachers;
- Recognize and thank the LCMS for the strengthened and expanded Soldiers of the Cross COVID-19 initiative;
- Recognize and thank the Lord for the service of the Rev. Paul Hoyer as district mission executive; and
- Strengthen nonvoting advisory delegate participation at SELC district conventions.
The theme of the convention was “Thy Strong Word,” based on Romans 10:17.
Posted June 8, 2022