The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod Office of National Mission requests nominations for the position of director of Schools, based at the International Center of the LCMS in St. Louis, Mo. This position is responsible for setting the vision and direction of education offered by LCMS schools throughout the nation.
The director must provide high-level leadership and resources that support all the schools operated by the Synod and its member congregations with the goal of promoting, improving and encouraging Lutheran education.
In this capacity, the director understands and leads the initiatives that provide the tools to support Lutheran schools in the areas of 21st Century learning concepts that enable the schools to be strong, viable and “Distinctively Lutheran.” The position oversees content, development and accreditation of Lutheran schools while planning and implementing programs, activities and events that align with School Ministry, the Office of National Mission and the Synod.
The work of the director expands to collaborate with LCMS districts to work in concert with district education executives to strengthen the relationship between School Ministry, the LCMS districts and the LCMS schools.
Position qualifications include:
- commissioned or ordained Minister of Religion of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, faithful to the Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions with a minimum of 10 to 15 years in school ministry.
- member in good standing of a Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod congregation who is supportive of the Synod’s constitution, bylaws and policies, and familiar with the structure, polity, organization and procedures of the Synod.
- demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the Word-and-Sacrament ministry of the Church.
- understands the structure of the Synod and is supportive of the Synod’s position.
- demonstrated vision and proactive leader in school ministry who views Lutheran education as a key component to strengthen and revitalize congregations.
- viewed by peers as a leader in Lutheran education.
Nominations should be submitted by Monday, Jan. 28. For a full description of the job and to apply, please visit www.lcms.org/jobsboard. General inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, 314-996-1368, 1-800-248-1930, ext. 1368.
Posted Dec. 19, 2012