View on Vimeo.com | View on Youtube.com
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod is providing spiritual and human care in the New Orleans area. Southeastern Louisiana was hit on Feb. 7 by an estimated six tornadoes, including two EF-3 storms with winds up to 150 mph, the National Weather Service reported. One was the most destructive tornado in the history of New Orleans.
LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison and LCMS Southern District President Rev. Kurt Schultz discuss the Synod’s plans to assist LCMS members after the tornadoes caused injuries and severe damage to homes and businesses.
Please help us spread this information across the Synod.
You may support relief efforts by donating at lcms.org/givenow/disaster or by calling 888-930-4438.
You can help
- Pray: Join the LCMS in prayer for those who suffer in the aftermath of the New Orleans tornadoes.
- Give: Support disaster relief and recovery
- Bulletin Insert: Download color and B&W bulletin insert for LCMS congregations
- Learn more: LCMS.org/disaster
- View related video: Harrison, Schultz Comfort Tornado Victim in New Orleans