The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) has released a congregational media kit to assist churches in reaching out to their communities during Holy Week and Easter.
Developed by LCMS Communications in collaboration with LCMS Worship, the kit is designed to allow each parish to add its own information and details to customize the items for the local surroundings.
- a letter to pastors and lay leaders with a list of the other items in the kit and suggestions for using them;
- a newspaper column about “the most important week in history” signed by LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison (the name of the local parish and pastor may be added);
- an ad for Holy Week and Easter to which the local parish may add its address, contact information and worship times;
- a ready-made image for use in a Facebook ad and suggestions for designing/purchasing the ad;
- shareable content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; and
- a note card/postcard for inviting people to Holy Week and Easter services.
LCMS Director of Worship Rev. William Weedon says, “Our hope and prayer for this resource is that congregations will use it to invite their communities to discover and savor the joy we Christians experience at Holy Week and Easter.
“Christ shedding His blood to cover everyone’s sins and then punching a hole right through death’s stinking gullet to lead His own out into everlasting life — well, this good news is way too awesome to keep to ourselves!”Download free media kit
Posted March 26, 2019