The Rev. Dr. Steven Turner of Fort Dodge, Iowa, was elected to his third term as president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) Iowa District West during the district’s 41st convention, held June 26–28 in Milford, Iowa.
Turner was elected on the first ballot.
Also elected were:
- Paul Egger of Galva, Iowa, as first vice-president; and
- Jonathan Riggert of Cherokee, Iowa, as second vice-president.
The officers were installed during the convention.
Meeting under the theme “Partners in the Gospel,” based on Philippians 1:3–5, delegates adopted resolutions to:
- Encourage congregations to promote church worker wellness by providing adequate time off, financial support for continuing education and enhanced care for spouses and families;
- Allocate $400,000 to Lutheran Family Service to expand their counseling work to church workers and their families;
- Allow the district president to serve in a congregation if he chooses; and
- Welcome a new congregation, Faith Lutheran Church in Winterset, Iowa, into the district.
Posted July 22, 2022