The crucifix was a gift from Ilona Kuchta in memory of her husband, Dr. Thomas (Tom) W. Kuchta, who served as LCMS chief financial officer from 2001 to 2010.
Krista Miller and Ross Stroh worked for The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod for a combined total of 55 years.
In October, new staff were installed at the LCMS International Center in the areas of Pastoral Education, National Mission and Mission Advancement.
On April 26, 1847, representatives from 14 Lutheran congregations in the U.S. signed the constitution of Die Deutsche Evangelisch-Lutherische Synode von Missouri, Ohio und andern Staaten, which became The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS).
Alan Freeman, associate director of LCMS School Ministry, and the Rev. Doug Griebenaw, mission advocate for KFUO Radio, were installed at the LCMS International Center on Feb. 10.
The exhibit, “Art Along the Rivers: A Bicentennial Celebration,” highlights artwork of the last thousand years from the greater St. Louis area.